Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: AGOT with Gray Eyes ?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member StephanieS's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2006
    Posts
    279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Quick question- was the girl of today with blonde hair and gray eyes always pre-mattel? In other words, they made her before 2000, or she retired before mattel took over the company?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member smwoodsie2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have #20, I bought her in 2000, I beleive she is premattel, but I will try and post a picture.
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...7/SUNP0090.jpg

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Lara423's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2005
    Posts
    119
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Our #20 is Mattel. Her name is Sara and we love her.

    Lara

  4. #4
    Inactive Member stebbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2005
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have a blond haired, grey eyed doll who is pre-matel and a brown hair/grey eyed girl who is Matel. They must have continued making the grey eyed girls for a while after Matel took over? - Meg B.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member trop4's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The gray eyed AGT dolls were definitely around when Mattel took over. I am looking over some catalogues and they were mentioned in the Holiday 2003 issue but not Holiday 2004 so they must have been retired sometime during 2004.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am looking over some catalogues and they were mentioned in the Holiday 2003 issue but not Holiday 2004 so they must have been retired sometime during 2004.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup. They retired the grey eyed doll and AGT10- dark brown hair and green eyes in 2004 when they released 22, 23, and 24. There are definitely Mattel dolls of them, though probably there are more PM ones out there than M.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member smwoodsie2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jean C: Since I am still new at being able to look at a doll and notice is she is premattel or not, how can you tell by looking at her? Thanks, it will help me be more informed when I perusing "used" dolls.
    By the way, I was kinda disappointed with not being able to get a good picture of Ashleigh, but my camera is not the best.
    Thanks

  8. #8
    Inactive Member trop4's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's not easy sometimes just by looking since even among PM dolls, they have different looks and expressions. Here's a photo when I had my four AGT gray eyed girls. The one to the left is Mattel, the others are PM but each girl looks different (or is that just a mom talking!).

    DSCN5098

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The one that's second from the left looks like a transition doll to me. She has the same face as my AGT 3 I got for Christmas 2002. The eyes look really big to me on those dolls. Other than that, I am horrible at describing the differences I see between the variatons of dolls, but I can usually see them. The best way to catch on is by looking at a LOT of pictures, and probably seeing some in person as well.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member trop4's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sarah, very good eye. The doll in the club outfit I purchased directly from AG in 1999-2000 but her hang tag and box said made in germany and she had no body tag or numbers under the pleasant company on the back of her neck. Due to her size, I've always considered her PM. It's true that it's best to actually be able to inspect a doll in person to determine whether it is PM or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •